PRIVACYWe Care About Your Privacy.
The Center for Medical Genetics is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy as a visitor to our Web Site. We take your privacy very seriously, and value the trust you place in us each time you use our services and access this Web Site.
If you have any questions about our privacy policies, we encourage you to contact us using any of the methods outlined at the end of our Privacy Statement.
Who Collects the Information?
Center for Medical Genetics collects information on this Web Site as outlined in this privacy statement.
What Information Do We Collect?
Our Web Site does not collect or store any information, cookies, etc. other than information provided by you voluntarily. Depending upon the features you use, you may be asked to volunteer personal and health related information such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, telephone number, and health history. This information will only be used for the purposes of your request, and then will be destroyed (immediately?).
With Whom Will The Information Be Shared?
The personally identifiable information gathered during your visit to this Web Site is not shared with any organization for any purpose. We do not rent, sell, exchange or in some way provide personally identifiable information to any third-party organization.
Security of Communications
Certain technology and practices allow Web Sites to provide an increased level of security for your personal and health-related information when appropriate. However, you should keep in mind the possibility exists for unauthorized individuals to intercept any e-mail message you send over the internet. In some cases, information can be encrypted (scrambled or encoded) to make it very difficult to read if it is intercepted during communication.
We use the following practices on our Web Site to enhance the level of security for communication and the transmission of personal information:
- We have taken reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of personally identifiable information you may provide.
- We use e-mail forms to allow our customers to ask questions about our services. These are not hosted on a secure server. The possibility exists that unauthorized individuals may intercept e-mail messages.
- We are not responsible for the privacy of e-mail messages except those stored in our system.
- We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information we have collected from you at our site.
Links to Other Sites
This site includes links to nonaffiliated external Web Sites. We have the following practices:
- We will make efforts to notify you when you are leaving our site and you may be subjected to different privacy policies than those we established for our Web Site.
Occasionally, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future, we have the following practices:
We will post the policy changes to our Web Site to notify you of these changes and provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check back at our Web Site periodically.
We will use for these new purposes only data collected from the time of the policy change forward.
Preference for Future Use of Information
You may prevent your information from being used for purposes other than those for which it was originally collected by:
Sending us an e-mail to that effect at: Contact Us
Writing to us at the contact address given below
Web Site Contact Information
Center for Medical Genetics
Attn: Privacy Officer
7400 Fannin, Suite 1150
Houston, TX 77054
Telephone: 713 790-1990